Thursday, July 8, 2010

Al Sharifa (Veilkini) Bathing Suit Test Drive

I just got back from a wonderful vacation on Manitoulin Island and got to test drive my new AlSharifa bathing suit. There are so many pros to this bathing suit. One it looks so sporty; one kid asked me if it was my wetsuit. So people get that its a bathing suit unlike my old bathing suit which people thought were regular clothes. The stripe on the side also adds to this affect. Dh said it looked like I was in the Olympics. Two the hood is attached. With my old bathing suit the hood was a separate piece and kept coming out from my neck line. Three it is quick drying especially the top. Four it is thicker than my old bathing suit which is better for modesty of course. Five the pant legs never lift up like my old bathing suit which I had to add weights to (I'm not kidding). Six the shirt doesn't ride up because there are ties on the side of the shirt which can be attached to the loops on the sides of the pants. This gives you piece of mind while swimming. Seven; the colours are so beautiful and there are so many to choose from. I chose the blue and pink one. Seven; there are three styles to choose from. What I would improve in the bathing suit though is to make the top even looser or add some cloth to drape over the chest area. Also the pants at the calf tend to cling a lot so if there was a way to change that then that would be really useful. I highly recommend this suit and if you want one then order one here and use the code shoe10 to get a 10% discount.

11 comments:

  1. ASA,

    I have to ask (and I hope that this doesn't embarrass you) -- is there some sort of bra in it? I have an Islamic suit now, but that's the problem, is there's no chest support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum salaam

    No there isn't. I just wore my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this review! I think I'll go ahead and buy one, then!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insha Allah and don't forget the code shoe10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamu Alaikum,

    I'm so tempted :) I'm definitely annoyed with the pant riding up problem lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wa Alaikum salaam

    lol we were just talking about this yesterday. I was mentioning how my blow up lounger got holes in it right away last year and your sister (dd3) said that's because the weights you sewed into your old bathing suit cut holes into it. See this bathing suit is a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome. Glad you find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!
    I love swimming and that was my number one issue when i started doing hijab - what to wear :)

    I got something similar from splashgear - they do the same things. Alhamdulillah for these companies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asslam Alikum, thank you for your review. It was really helpful in deciding to buy the swimsuit. I really appreciate it..
    Peace,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wa alaikum Salaam

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete