Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ameena's Ramadan Diary Ramadan Day 1

I started to read this book and realized you are supposed to start getting ready for Ramadan along with the author 6 weeks in advance! Ok so I'm totally behind but I did do one thing or more from her list on my own without knowing this. 5 things you want to accomplish..well I did a post on that recently; dawah booth, learn ayat al kursi and reading the Quran everyday. I would like to add to that charity and breaking someone's fast insha Allah. Also she includes listening to motivational lectures. Well I just listened to "When Wolves Become Shepherds" and I highly recommend it. Hmm..connecting with family and friends. Well my family isn't muslim so can't get together with them to remind them about ramadan. As for friends...hmm... Also she recommends reading about the plight of those less fortunate. I also did this. Just finished reading The Boy From Baby House 10. Its the true story about an orphan from Russia. I highly recommend it. Its apalling what's taking place in thier orphanages.

So for her first day she says it really felt like Ramadan because of iftar and taraweeh. I've only ever prayed taraweeh once in my life. There is no nursery in my masjid so what would you do with the kids so one time I got dh to watch them years ago and went for it. This author seems to be single with no kids so its a peice of cake for her to do so much. Have you printed out the Ramadan Daily checklist? I haven't but I should.

5 comments:

  1. ASA

    Have you considered praying Tareweeh on your own at home? My MIL used to do this when her kids were young...she advises me to as well, but...well...I just don't "feel" it when I do it alone. :( Just a thought though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum Salaam

    You could only do this if you actually memorized the whole quran. I only know 5 surahs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...like me. That's what I said -- makes for REALLY boring Tareweeh. Have you thought about saying them in English? I don't think praying in English is horrible, I'm sure that God understands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol taraweeh is not even mandatory so I'm not going to sweat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are my readers? I remember two of you said you would be reading with me this Ramadan and maybe there are more?

    ReplyDelete