Friday, November 19, 2010

Designing Muslims

Twice this season I've seen designing/decorating/renovating shows with muslims; muslims with hijab! Do you know how exciting this is? I finally feel represented! I watch these shows all the time and was always wondering why there are never any muslims on them. I think the host on Save Us From Our House is muslim though judging by her name. Last night I saw Grin and Build It on the W network with a muslim woman on it. The other day I saw an episode of All For Nothing with a hijabi too! Alhumdullilah we are no longer invisible. Now all they have to do is put me on Extreme Makeover because my house shoe is so tiny its busting at the seams. Save Us From Our House wouldn't be good enough because you can't make an extra room out of any space. We've used up every nook and cranny.

2 comments:

  1. Assalamu Alaikum,

    May Allah give you a bigger house Ameen. so cool that hijabis are seen on TV now.. I wish I had TV sometimes lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum salaam

    Ameen!

    You'll have to come and visit to see all the cool new shows :)

    ReplyDelete